Wednesday, July 22, 2009

More practice... Chloe



Chloe so graciously let my dear friend and superb photog Ashley drag her out the beach so Ash could get in some scouting for an upcoming wedding this Saturday. And I got to play with Mr. 50mm 1.4 who will be in my possesion until Tuesday, July 28th unless I decided to extend since Mr. Brother is coming to town on the 29th.

Here's my shots. Shooting with the 1.4 takes some practice. And I still need the practice that's for sure. My pics were not as sharp as I wanted them to be and mostly because I wanted to shoot at 1.4 the whole time. The depth of field is so shallow that you must know exactly where your focus point is at and be exactly in that range. At least I think that was my problem. Some of the sharpest pictures I took were at 3.2 and 2.8. It is such a fun process to learn. I desire to be so good so quick, but I do so know that I will enjoy looking back and seeing my improvement.








No comments: