Tuesday, July 7, 2009

a day in the life

Today, Titus and I went to the park and he played with Lincoln while Ashley and I could chat and take pics. Oh I see lots of fun in our future.



This picture is about halfway through the morning. This face literally describes pretty much exactly how I think my son feels about the camera. I shot maybe 75 pictures of the boys, maybe 15 included an actual face and ZERO included a smile from either one. I'm impressed at 14 months my child has figured out how not to smile for the camera.

I love this picture. There are so many things about it that I love. Titus and his buddy Lincoln. Lincoln is 7 months older and bigger than Titus but they are starting to love each other although they still just like to poke at one another. Titus is pretty sneaky about it but he watches what Lincoln does. My little man was pretty apprehensive about walking on the bridge. I have no idea why. But after watching Linc run across it a couple of time, he took to crawling on it and then walking. My other favorite thing about this picture is the two strollers in the background. Looking at this reminds me of where my life is right now and how absolutely wonderful it is.

Later that afternoon, Titus went over to his Grandpa and Grandma's. I had a couple hour break where I could have napped but instead cleaned the downstairs. Titus returned with a couple bumps on his noggin. I am just torturing my mom by sharing the pics.

These are a few of the carnations that are sitting on my dining room table. My husband brought them home for me Sunday afternoon. He is at camp and it is just torturing my soul. We have a thing - when he is away from home he calls at night, usually late and prays with me and says Good Night - well he didn't call last night and he called early this evening to say he couldn't call at night this week. Oh, my little heart just broke. Oh and yes they are carnations and once upon a time I despised these cheap flowers, but now have fallen in love with their simplicity and longevity.

And tonight after the Titus man went to bed. I busted out the crafty stuff and made this card. The beauty of it is that my picture makes the card look so much greater than it really is.

Oh! And Titus pooped in the bathtub tonight. This is the second time this has happened. And once again Brion is out of town. I am beginning to think that this is my little man's way of acting out while Daddy is gone. Lame.

No comments: