Monday, July 13, 2009

Blueberries

We spent most of the day inside today, this was not my little man's choice although it did not clear up until the afternoon somtime. Not sure exactly, I gave up looking outside pretty early in the day. The day was much wasted with nothing done - nothing accomplished. Would have to say the Monday #2 with out Mr. Husband was not very exciting and kind of sad. Titus spent, what felt like, 75% of the day on my lap. This is not like him and I would have to say the he was not very excited about another day with just this Mom person. When he napped I napped, since I still refuse to sleep more than 5-6 hours a night. Come about 5:30 this evening - I gave in to my true desires (get out of the hosue) and Titus and I went outside to the backyard.


The blueberries are ripe. Well some of them. I am not a blueberry fan nor am I a professional blueberry picker. Not for any particular reason. And hopefully I learn to love them. BUT I do know it is my duty to pick them and to share them with my child. Titus has liked pretty much everything we've given him to eat and hasn't been to picky. There is some stuff that he likes more than others but he'll eat pretty much anything.
And blueberries are no exception. He couldn't get enough.
(BTW - I think this might be my absolutely favorite picture I have snagged so far)

Here is my harvest. And he just kept going in handful after handful.

I was waiting for BLUE mess everywhere but it never showed up. I was so impressed with his eagernees to keep eating them. He even started to pick them off the bush. I am so looking forward to out evening blueberry picking sessions. Can't wait to share them with Dad.

This is my little man, when I took the blueberries in to the house (I wasn't sure how many he should eat the first time around) he followed me. I could tell he had a tough choice to make when he almost followed me into the house thus giving up his outside time. He chose to just shut the screen door on me and stay outside and I snapped this picture through the screen. I love those little eyes looking up to me.

No comments: