Saturday, July 26, 2008

Two Month Well Check

Titus had his two month well check yesterday. I had pretty much been dying to know how much our little guy wieghed and how long he was. A few weeks ago at church, something changed. People stopped saying "Oh, he's sooooooo little." And they had been saying it since he was carried through the doors at 6 days old. This blessed kid hasn't missed church yet.

Extreme empahsis on the so. I would almost get offended and calmly remind the person that most children were born between 6-8lbs and mine was 7lbs, making him completely average.

But when they stopped talking about how little he was, they started talking about how "he was soooooo big and sooooooooo long". This always left me thinking "Will our little man ever just be normal?"

But the long comment had me intrigued. Was my little guy really that long?

I'd picked up one of those snake/worm toys that has a 24 inch ruler on the underside of it at a garage sale brought it home, and my dear sweet child was an inch or two longer than the snake.

I did learn- the fun kids toy snake is not a good measuring tool.

The verdict:
At 11 weeks old
Titus

weighs: 11 lbs. 13 ozs. (25th-50th percentile)
height: 24.5 inches long (75th - 90th percentile)

Dr. Yost said. "Yep, he's a skinny, tall white boy"

All in all we didn't have much concerns to talk to the doctor about. He's a good kid. No wierdness to report. I suppose he's just pretty average. I am convinced that is exactly what God knew we could handle.

Doc even said "He's perfect."

So we can't really complain much.

He also got his first round of immunizations. Oh boy, was that an annoying decision.
So I gave up and just pretty much said give him all of them.

The only one I was really chewing on was hep B. But I signed him up for all of them.

However, the nurse only poked him twice - because apparently there is a state wide outage of hep B shots.

When Titus had his circumcision done, the doctor brought him out to us and we asked how our little two week old had done and the doc said he had a high pain tolernace. The doctor said he just knew certain cries and Titus had a high pain tolerance.

I think I saw it in action during the shots. Brion was down in his face "sssshhhing" and comforting him and he wailed and showed his little tomato face during the shots, but he as soon as Brion picked him up he stopped crying and didn't really cry again for the rest of the day. No fever from the shots, no extra fussiness, just lots of naps. He's a good kid.

To view pics of Titus - http://picasaweb.google.com/BrionandRachel

1 comment:

Ashley said...

My, My you have been hard at work! Love the new look!!!

Titus is tall :0) Who knows what normal is?! He is just right, I always catch myself saying things like "he is so big!" and "wow, he/she must be a giant", then I realize that babies are unique just like adults... If I walked around saying those things to grown ups I probably wouldn't have many friends! I love it that they are all so different and we still try to shove them in the same box :0)