Monday, July 7, 2008

Merry-Go-Round

From the bouncer to my arms from my arms to the bassinet from the bassinet to my arms to the floor back to the bouncer back to the swing back to the bassinet back to my arms back to the swing - this is the merry-go-round we are living today.

In between it all I try desperately to get my house ready for company on Wednesday.

Brion is at camp for two weeks. He left early this morning.

I already dread the night. I almost look forward to Titus' middle of the night feedings because Brion and I wake up together - I get the baby he gets the bottle. We watch a little something and speak noise to each other not words because apparently we can not open our mouth all the way to enunciate in the middle of the night. And after Mr. Titus is fed I put him back in his crib and we fall back asleep together.

I know I can handle the middle of the night feedings myself BUT they will just be so boring. And right now, knowing I am not anticipating anyone coming home today... It's just a little sad.

And of course Titus is a little extra fussy today. Hence, our merry-go-round of bouncer, swing, bassinet, arms, floor. Right now he's currently sleeping in his swing, seems to be the only place he will nap today. And I don't want to fight him. He falls asleep so good in his bassinet at night, doesn't particulary like to do it during the day but I can't complain too much.

Back to the cleaning...

1 comment:

Ashley said...

I finally gave up on making Linc sleep in his crib during the day and he slept awesome on his tummy on the couch. He did sleep in his crib during the night and it was NOT hard to move nap time to the crib once he was older... do what maintains sanity because a stressed mommy only makes a stressed baby :0) And at this point everything is changing so fast with him that his sleeping patterns are easy to change! I'll pray extra for you this week! I know how you feel, I hate it when Levi is gone.