Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Like Father Like Son

There's been no question for the moment Titus was concieved who his father is.

And from the moment he was born people have said he looks like his dad.

In fact people would stare at me and then at Titus, they would do this back forth a couple time, and then Brion would walk up next to us and put his arm around me. All of a sudden this light bulb would go off in thier mind, their eyes would light up and as if they'd discovered something new and exciting they would exclaim "OH, he looks like his Dad!" It actually sounds like this "OOOHHH, he looooooooks like his daaaaaaaaaaad!" Why they would always drag out the words looks and dad, I do not know.

When we had our family pictures taken the other night both Brion and I were surprised at how red Titus's hair appeared in some of the pictures. Especially this one...
Its not that we don't look at our son's hair - we do a lot actually. It's just that it had never looked quite that red before and had never been so exaclty the same color as Brion's goatee.

However, that was Monday night - so this morning - Wednesday - was one of those morning where neither Brion or I could really open our eyes and get moving, we were just exhausted, not sure if that had anything to do with not getting back from Eugene until 10pm or maybe the hour or so of Olympics we watched during Titus's 4:30am feeding (a little earlier than normal). So when Titus started squawking at 6:30am he got stuck between mom and dad in our bed so we could all continue sleeping. And then when 7:30am reared its ugly head I practically begged Brion if he would shower first so I could sleep just a little longer. And then at 8am I drug myself out of bed to the shower. I thanked Brion for letting me sleep in a little bit and even asked him to get the diaper bag ready for the babysitters while I showered, which he was doing already because he is RAD. Well when I got out of the shower this is what I found...


Well much to my astonishment - they were laying the exact same way. Snoozing away. I think I may have even accused Brion of setting it up. However, he swears Titus had both arms down when he laid down next to him.

Like father like son. Boy, am I going to have my hands full!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Wow!~ That is RAD!! I love it when people say Linc looks just like daddy... it makes Levi's day every time :0)

justjuli said...

sweeeeeeeeet!

i have pics like that of nathan and seth, there is an almost indescribable fullness in my heart when i look at them.

dads and sons are the best. THE BEST!