Saturday, September 6, 2008

The wheels on the bus & more...

Oh, Mr. Titus can giggle. But he only chooses to do this when he absolutely wants to. 

Today during a round of The Wheels on the Bus he started to crack up, so I continued into a round of If You're Happy and You Know It and then on repeat each one again, enjoying the giggles of my son the whole time. 

Then, A HA, I need more kid songs, I know I know more - why can't I think of them. I stumbled onto this site in my search. A HA! So Titus continued to get a round of The Animal Fair, Ants Go Marching, The Bear in Tennis Shoes AND THEN... he melted. 110% over stimulated by his Mom. Poor kid. This is what happens when his Dad goes away, Mom overstimulates him too much. If only this was the first time this had happened this weekend.  

Noticed I had only made it to the B's. 

So I cuddled him until he calmed back down. He played on the floor with his toys until he over stimulated himself.  And now he resides in his swing, binky in mouth, (nevermind he spit it out again) and hanging out. He loves his swing. 

Back to the site. When I found this site I was incredibly intrigued because it is a .gov site - because of this there are no lyrics to This Little Light of Mine or Jesus Loves the Little Children or so on... but that's ok. We sing those plenty. However, there are some wierd little facts or warnings with some of the songs. Take Big Rock Candy Mountain, with lines about ciggarette trees and a lake of gin, the gov website warns "In addition, smoking and alcohol addictions are extremely harmful to your health; and no situation will be improved by having easy access to cigarettes or alcohol, as promised in the fictional (and extremely unhealthy!) Big Rock Candy Mountains" This will be a song that Titus and I will not be singing. 


A HA!

2 comments:

Tracy Spore said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tracy Spore said...

That is so sweet how much Titus loves songs! my children always loved me to sing to them. I recommend "Philadelphia Chicken" to you. Although this book/CD was not around when my kids were small several friends of mine enjoyed it with their children. I liked it so much a friend of mine bought it for my birthday a few years ago. It is so fun! Here is the link if you are interested. http://music.barnesandnoble.com/search/product.asp?ean=011661812222&

Love you all, Aunt Tracy Spore