Friday, May 1, 2009

girlfriends, babies, and tears

I just had my first real girls day since I moved to Oregon almost 3 years ago. 
Yes, I have had my girl friends from up north visit, and I am so thankful for those visits. I have a weekly appointment with a wonderful "girl" whom I don't think I would survive with out. But today I traveled 2 or so hours up the coast and went shopping with A

A is my new friend. She's not new new. But today I would definitely call her my friend. Friendships between girls are hard. Hard to develop. Hard to maintain. Hard to deal with sometimes. And now I am a mom, so there are kids in the mix and if your kids pushes, steals, jabs eyes out or throws scissors at mine... I have an even harder time trying to be your friend. I'm not giving out ST ENDS to my BE FRI anymore, but I do truly appreciate the relationship God is forming in our hearts. 

 So far I think she's the only one I can shop with. We shopped for like 4 hours and I wasn't annoyed once! I wasn't expecting to be annoyed and was so excited about shopping for Titus clothes at the outlet mall that I forgot what a horrible time I have shopping with people until we got there. But I didn't! It was awesome, and I enjoy are conversations and they are honoring to God. I appreciate a girl who can share her struggles with out gossip, it encourages me to do the same even more! Just as God intended! 
 
I had a wonderful day! & my bucket is full!

Side note: I follow this precious blog from time to time, along with another hundred thousand people or so.  I can't do it everyday because I am reduced to a weepy, snotty mess most everytime I read. So I usually wait, till I have no husband (he's gone for the night) and my baby is asleep. Although after reading said blog and finishing this post I will be promptly heading upstairs to kiss my baby boy. Good night!

No comments: